Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Fannie Mae deploys cutting-edge technologies from architectural design through application development and data integration. As a result, we are leveraging the best products in the open-source community, developing our own tools, and continually improving our products and practices over time through rapid iteration cycles. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in new or revised application.
- Develop detailed specifications of application and document in a form that it can be used for coding application.
- Perform or review coding done to render specifications into application functionalities, screens, or outputs.
- Develop test plan and/or test application in development status or debug application in production mode.
- Document or review documentation of steps in specification development, coding, testing and user acceptance for future reference and for internal control purposes.
- May lead a small project or a segment of a larger project.
- May mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
The successful candidate for this position will possess some of the following characteristics / skills:
- Intellectual curiosity, self-starter, embraces continuous improvement, and execution-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding and knowledge of SDLC, specifically Agile/Scrum and development of continuous integration and test-driven development environments
- Strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
- Confidence and knowledge in solving complex problems
- Ability to interface competently with other technical team members to finalize requirements
- Previous experience, skills, and knowledge surrounding implementation of MetricStream GRC Platform may include Policy & Document Management, Case Management, Issue Management, Operational Risk Management, Third Party Management, Internal Audit Management, Survey Management, etc. (NOT REQUIRED, BUT DESIRED)
- Familiarity with basic networking and infrastructure design principles
- Understanding of software architecture and design patterns, best code practices, defensive programming and able to write framework-level code
- Good understanding of load balancing, app server clustering, network, infrastructure and single sign-on (SSO) based web application development
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.