As a member of the Product Development team, you will own the project management, test, build, defect tracking, and release infrastructure to support multiple simultaneous projects for a development group of 300 engineers. This includes designing and implementing processes and tools to support continuous integration and testing.Responsibilities Include:
- Support end-to-end software development tools and scripts that assist in the automation of defect and feature tracking, software delivery and metrics gathering
- Be the primary owner of tools and integration and automation processes.
- Administration support for the software development environment. Currently using UCM Clearcase, ReviewBoard, and Jira
- Develop, document and maintain tools that aid software development
- Manage the roll-out and/or migration to other tools to improve the software development environment
- Help define best practices for source control, continuous integration, automated testing and release management
We are looking for an individual with proven a track record. Must be a self-starter and ready to work as an individual contributor and should possess strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Experience as administrator of ClearCase andClearQuest
- Mastery of source control tools such as Git and SVN
- Proficiency writing scripts in Perl. Python and other script languages a plus
- Working knowledge of the ReST API
- Experience creating web pages using HTML, PHP and Java a plus
- Experience using and developing software for GNU/Linux systems
- Experience supporting an automated software delivery system in Windows and Linux software development environments
- Experience migrating between source control tools, and between requirements and defect tracking systems
- Knowledge of Oracle database and software applications highly desired
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be able to manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Significant work and contributions to one or more open source projects
- QA experience, including automated test development
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience with cloud environments such as Amazon AWS, Eucalyptus, Open Stack, etc
- Experience in the Telecom industry
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.