Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Job Description Workday's office in Boulder, Colorado is focused on delivering productivity technologies to Workday customers. The team is seeking applications for a software engineer with an emphasis on Test Automation and QA Engineering to join us in Boulder.
As a software quality engineer, you will help develop and integrate new productivity and collaboration technologies into Workday's core platform and applications. By working closely with product management and engineering leads to design and implement solutions, you will have the opportunity to contribute to many layers and aspects of the technology and test automation stack. This includes API design and implementation, security and encryption concerns, and multi-node scaling solutions.
This position has an emphasis on software quality through automated testing and anlysis. Utilize infrastructure and tools such as Gradle, Junit, Jenkins, and Docker to improve software quality and streamline the continuous delivery pipeline. Optimize testing, analysis, and reporting tools to build and deploy quickly and efficiently with the highest quality.
Skills & Experience
* Sense of ownership, passionate, fast learner, and detail oriented.
* 3+ years professional QA Automation or Software Engineering experience.
* Good understanding of overall QA automation methodologies and processes.
* Good understanding of web application multi-tier, distributed, architectures.
* Familiarity with virtualization technologies, such as Docker or VMWare; and build technolgoies, such as Gradle and Jenkins.
* Ability and willingness to program in Java and utilize Junit.
* Ability to read log files and troubleshoot problems across multiple nodes in a distributed system.
* Understanding of programing principles such as object oriented programing and design patterns.
* Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems and bash scripting.
* Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ready to engage with Agile software development methodologies.
Beyond these skills and experiences, we are eager to meet you and learn more about your own best-practices, tools, and techniques that you can bring to the team.