Are you someone with a passion for taking on big challenges? Are you interested in large-scale, highly distributed systems? If so, then Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is for you. We're looking for developers with a strong background in engineering to help build a highly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment on a massive scale.
You will never be bored in this job. We need people with a passion towards customer satisfaction and expertise in distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, and highly available services. How will we build this? It could be up to you but we apply solid engineering and design principles to develop world-class, highly available services.
We are still at an early stage and an entrepreneurial fast paced mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to collaborate while acting, as a thought leader in your area of expertise will serve you well on Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure Team. Does this sound like a challenge you're ready for?
As a service leader :
- Manage the design, development, and operations of a major service component of our cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborate with your team and other teams to identify requirements, coordinate delivery, and integrate solutions for new features and services.
- 10 years experience designing, delivering, and operating large scale distributed systems in production environments.
- 3 years experience managing or leading the design, delivery, and operation of large scale distributed systems with demonstrable success mentoring and growing junior engineers to senior levels.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix fundamentals.
- Coding: Java, Python
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, databases, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Experience with build automation, continuous integration / continuous deployment tools.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.