What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Manager to join the MyBusiness Transformation project. The candidate will be responsible for MyBusiness Transformation that supports over 300,000 customers to process more than 100 million transactions per year and generate over $200M in revenue a year (gross adds and upgrades). This candidate will own the 2-5 year roadmap for the MyBusiness Transformation self-serve portal - for functionality, design and overall user experience. Will be responsible for oversight of MyBusiness Transformation projects - more than10 projects in flight at any given time.
- Manage and develop a team of employees responsible for the MyBusiness Transformation project.
- Uses advanced research skills to understand complex industry trends and best practices and uses this knowledge gained through research to drive the execution. This may include procuring new tools or software to advance the portal as well as evolve the team staffing and support model.
- Proactively maintains strong relationships with cross functional teams (HQ marketing, IT, Digital Portal (ISO), pricing, strategy) to understand goals and uses this knowledge to drive MyBusiness transformation changes to align with stakeholder (WBG sales, market sales, BGCO) short and long term goals.
- Develop documentation, presentations etc. to share MyBusiness Transformation with leadership, sales and service stakeholders and gain alignment.
- Provide regular project updates to senior leadership.
- Takes modules developed by direct reports and synthesizes into a cohesive application for the collective team.
- Serve as the champion for the MyBusiness Transformation.
- Engage regularly with IT groups and service leadership team to understand other departmental goals and share the strategy and roadmap for the MyBusiness Transformation Project.
- Solicit feedback about the portal and team and use this input to drive projects in flight as well as the long term roadmap / strategy.
- Engage in executive escalations and assist with troubleshooting and use strong system knowledge to develop creative solutions to meet customer expectations.
- Owns the relationship with other IT partners to ensure strong alignment on strategy and projects.
- Monitor employees and projects to ensure projects are delivered on time and achieve departmental goals.
- Monitor team and departmental processes and identify areas of opportunity.
- Lead overall team to achieve business priorities and key department KPIs.
- Establish priorities, processes and activities to meet project completion dates for cross-functional initiatives.
- Participate in budget planning and provide input that is accurate and timely to support the teams.
- Evaluate roadmap and develop short- and long-term staffing plans.
- Foster leadership qualities across the team.
- Coach, train, and motivate team to achieve high performance results.
- Manage career progression.
- Make decisions regarding hiring, promotion, and disciplinary actions.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science / Information Systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- High computer literacy, with the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly.
- Proven ability to manage large number of complex projects simultaneously and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Ability to analyze data and derive trends and recommendations based upon the data.
- Ability to interface and influence all levels of management including Senior Leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve aggressive results.
- Demonstrated soft skills including interpersonal, leadership, conflict management, negotiation, decision making, organizational and problem solving.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating skills and critical thinking skills and the ability to manage feedback from multiple stakeholders and drive to consensus.
- Proven record of identifying, developing and executing programs to drive measurable results.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments, based on changing business needs.
- Ability to access information (complex and somewhat technical) and present ideas simply and effectively to various stakeholders and customers.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.