Come join the QuickBooks Online team as a Senior Software Engineer. On this team, you will develop the platform that will extend our core QuickBooks Payroll that will enable external developers to create awesome applications. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a proven track record of delivering in a complex and fast-paced environment. You will be part of a high performing team of engineers in building cloud-based platform services.
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Designing/developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POCâs)
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 70-85% hands-on coding
- Know how to write automation and unit test etc.
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- 6+ years experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience with any of the following Object Oriented Languages (OOD):
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 2+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process
- Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer Senior Software Engineer TurboTax Online Platform Staff Data Engineer Tax Content Analyst 2 Senior Development Operations Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.