Come join the Durable connectivity platform team as a Senior S/W Engineer.
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Designing/developing software, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC's)
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 70-85% hands-on coding
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- 6+ years experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience with any of the following Object Oriented Languages (OOD):
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 2+ years experience with web services (consuming and creating) with REST
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process
- Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, consumer facing web or mobile applications
- Experience with social, mobile, cloud/SaaS, big data, or analytics
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications
- Always Be Learning: Experience with open source technologies (if no practical work experience w/ Big Data, or cutting edge front-end technology-you're prototyping and/or researching the up and coming technology and solutions
- Experience with various, modern web frameworks
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Full Stack Staff Software Engineer, Direct Connectivity Senior Software Engineer Senior Software Engineer Software Developer 2 Staff Software Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.