Description Come join the "Intuit Developer Experience" team as a Senior Engineer. In this role, you will develop the services that will extend our core QBO Accounting, Payroll, Payments, Developer Experience and other platforms that will enable our strategic external developers to develop awesome applications. In the process of creating new capabilities for the platform, you will also be enabling our internal and other third party developers to also create new applications. The Intuit Developer Group is leading the transformation of the Small Business Group into "Enterprise As A Service" platform and opening it up to 3rd party developers and partners. Our platform enables developers and partners to integrate with rich financial and transactional data through REST-based APIs and offers unparalleled reach to millions of small businesses through Intuit Apps.com. We are rapidly growing into the operating system for small businesses globally. The Customer Account Data API provides partners access to end-user financial account and transactional information from nearly 19,000 financial institutions, giving developers the ability to create custom financial applications that can range from analyzing consumer behavior to credit checks to innovative new small business solutions. Intuit is seeking a strong engineer to focus on working with our solutions architects and strategic partners to build state-of-the-art single page application (SPA) which enable joint partnership offerings. This position requires of strong software engineering skills with partner-focused professional experience. The individual will have a track record of strong follow-through and consistently keeping commitments to partners and team members. Responsibilities:
- Participate in technical discussions with architects and potential partners to brainstorm solutions and determine technical feasibility
- Develop credibility and strong partnership with partner technical teams and work together to architect joint solutions for common customers
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Participate in the gathering of functional requirements, develop technical specifications and work with cross functional team on integration implementation
- Develop production quality implementations of required services and front-end layers
- Demonstrate a passion for developing well architected, elegant, web apps- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 3-5+ years' experience designing and developing web software applications
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional collaborator
- Expertise in CSS3, HTML5, Jquery Bootstrap and AJAX
- Experience with responsive design for mobile devices
- Strongly Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Node.js, Java/J2EE and SQL-based applications
- Experience creating RESTful web services
- Experience in financial domains: payments, payroll and/or accounting a plus
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer Software Developer 2 Staff Software Engineer Front-end, Full Stack Software Engineer 2 Senior Software Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.