Come join the Identity team as a Senior Software Engineer. Identity is absolutely critical for Intuit's success. The Identity team provides the user interface and backend services, as well as the standards and best practices, which make up the One Intuit Identity (OII) initiative. This infrastructure allows client products and services throughout Intuit to securely and reliably provide end users with such functionality as sign up, sign in, account recovery, and account management. It also provides APIs to access other core services, such as those managing tickets, risk screening, user profile data, and authorization/authentication.
We are looking for a software engineer to help us build the core foundation for OII, a key component for all areas of the company, from tax and consumer offerings to offerings serving small businesses and accountants.
- Build/Enhance/Evaluate applications/tools and automation test frameworks to meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and other quality goals.
- Identity gaps in the current quality engineering automation process and develop tools/frameworks which can close the gaps and increase the team's productivity.
- Work with other engineers to create test cases and automate testing, and facilitate unit, component, integration, performance, scalability, and failure mode tests.
- Be a vocal champion for quality and test best practices and processes in every phase of software development.
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: mentoring junior engineers and new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems relating to quality engineering.
- Be passionate about keeping up-to-date with latest technology and the technology for our products.
- Build tools to validate the cloud infrastructure.
- Strong development experience in developing full-stack Web applications and/or tools using an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java/JEE)
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available Web applications
- A passion for developing quality-oriented software
- Experience with test automation frameworks (preferably JUnit and/or TestNG)
- Good understanding of the software design/architecture process
- Experience with Maven (preferred) or Ant
- Familiarity with Jenkins (preferred) or other continuous integration tools
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-directed and self-motivated individual who takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome
- BS/MS in computer science or related field
- 5 years (minimum) of work experience (3 or more years with master's degree)
- Tomcat or JBoss
- REST-based Web services
- JMeter or Gatling
- Agile development
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer Senior Web Appplications Developer Staff Software Engineer Full Stack Staff Software Engineer, Direct Connectivity Senior Software Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.