Blazing fast performance with incredibly high scale, availability and security to enable the most cutting edge products on the web. Billions of requests and terabytes of bandwidth usage. Hundreds of millions of users. Are you up for a challenge?
The mission of the Azure Frontdoor team is creating a highly scalable, performant and reliable service, that provides an abstraction layer to the internet for the world’s premier web services such as Bing, Outlook, OneDrive, Exchange, SharePoint, Windows Update, Skype and others. We accelerate some of the largest services in the world with hundreds of millions of users while also protecting them from malware and DoS attacks.
The Azure Frontdoor team is responsible for building out and operating infrastructure around the world, as well as building and shipping a sophisticated service with both CDN and Proxy capabilities that makes each of the Azure Frontdoor customers experiences lighting fast and highly available while staving off any threats from the internet to these services. We live and breathe the engineering culture that many web companies (both large and small) are increasingly adopting, where a single engineer wears all the hats necessary to design, implement, validate and release great features. We collaborate closely with product teams at Microsoft as well as internally to ensure we’re maximizing efficiency in the system and deploying highly instrumented code to generate metrics across hundreds of thousands of requests/sec from thousands of servers located around the globe.
The Ideal Candidate (You): A smart, passionate, and skilled engineer looking to join a team of very strong engineers on a mission to build a fast, secure, and reliable software platform to accelerate web services. Attention to details and a drive for delivering high quality implementations and designs while also working on testing and operational aspects of the service as well.
• Superb technical know-how, ability to quickly adapt to new technology and go deep in new focus areas
• Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Great cross group collaboration skills
• Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: HTTP protocols, large scale web applications, web caching, asynchronous programming models and statistical analysis.
• 5 years of software development experience in C++, C#, or Java
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering field (PhD preferred)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.