Microsoft Azure Storage is a highly distributed, massively scalable, and ubiquitously accessible cloud storage system designed to scale out and serve the entire world. Azure is growing their development team working to deliver a new tier for Microsoft's cloud storage offering. This new tier will be low-cost, energy efficient, and capable of storing Exabytes of data for decades. We’re looking for senior level software engineers interested in helping us fulfill our vision of providing a storage service capable of satisfying the worlds ever increasing demand for cloud-based storage for many years to come.
In this role, developers will design and implement new low-cost storage solutions to be used within Azure’s storage infrastructure. If you have the interest to work on new hardware and software solutions to enable performance and scalability at the highest levels, then Azure Storage may have a place for you. To be successful, you must be passionate about distributed storage and thrive in dealing with durability, availability, and concurrency.
Come join us and be challenged on a daily basis as you help build the largest storage solution Microsoft will offer.
• Experience writing Windows user-mode code at the Win32 layer, interacting closely with device drivers
• Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
• Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming
• Excellence in software engineering practices, coding, and solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
• Ability to drive technical decisions cross teams and divisions
• Proven ability to deliver quality software
An ideal candidate will bring:
• Experience in data storage systems, file systems, or networking
• Experience debugging interactions between hardware devices and system software
• Experience with SAS technologies
• Experience with C#
• 5 years programming experience in C/C++ building scalable, distributed services.
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.