Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure & Operations (MCIO) is chartered with supporting profitable growth of Microsoft’s Cloud business by optimizing the infrastructure capacity management. Cloud services enable a promise of elastic scale and infinite capacity. A key challenge in realizing this promise is to always know the ideal quantity of infrastructure resources (datacenters, power, racks, servers, network devices, bandwidth, IP addresses’) to carry - a hard problem, and employ near real-time mechanisms to achieve the planned resource utilization at scale - an even harder problem.
We envision a dynamic, scalable and distributed system that will allow us to continuously model the planned quantity and automatically adjust the provisioning and consumption rate of cloud infrastructure resources. An ideal system will employ machine learning, change modelling, automation of business processes and logistics, real-time data collection and analysis, prioritization of resource allocations, and other techniques to efficiently deliver customer promise around infinite cloud resources.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
Drive our offerings to the next level of scale and functionality.
Work with customers to deliver new features to make Microsoft’s Supply Chain lean and agile.
• BS in Computer Science or relevant degree.
• 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with experience in C++, or C# or Java.
• Masters in Computer Science or relevant degree.
• 3+ years of hands on experience building services and working with databases.
• Familiarity with designing and operating distributed systems and strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent communications skills and ability to talk to customers.
• Deep background in all aspects of software engineering and development lifecycles.
• Passion for improving the reliability of engineering systems.
• Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft cloud infrastructure a plus.
• comfortable working in a start-up/v1 effort and motivated by solving hard business process problems with technology.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.