Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Retail Stores are the tip of the spear for Microsoft’s engagement with consumers and small businesses. With datacenter, back of store and front of house components all working together to deliver CRM, POS and Financial solutions for our customers, and with these systems connecting to external partner systems as well as internal Microsoft systems, we have a highly complex data ecosystem to support. Microsoft Retail Service Information Technology, part of Core Services Engineering, team is a multi-channel Retail Technology organization, which showcases Microsoft technology by transforming the Windows PC, Software, Gaming and Mobile device buying experience. We are responsible for the agile delivery of innovative, multi-channel solutions for the Microsoft Retail Stores,
The Microsoft Retail Service Information Technology team is looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our growing team. This position will help create innovative solutions that support the technology in the Microsoft Stores. Included in the scope of this highly technical team are Azure, Data Center, and Store-based compute and storage solutions.
This specific role will focus on the back-office capabilities of the store ecosystem interacting closely with different development and operations teams. The keys to success in this position are technical prowess, a deep-seated sense of pride in your work, and an insatiable curiosity.
The ideal candidate will:
• Support what we have deployed. Be the go-to person on any AX related issues that arise and solve daily problems with technology.
• Build, Deploy and Support internal tooling/Automation needed to stitch together solutions that are not available out of box or in the core product.
• Integrate with our engineering partners to work on v-next versions of systems. Review AX implementation designs and provide feedback on operability of design. Bring actionable and specific requirements to engineering on a solution by solution basis that will improve performance, scale, operability, support, and troubleshooting.
• Monitor Service health, build telemetry where needed and improve monitoring.
• Disseminate information from engineering across Service Engineering and Run organizations across RSIT operations so that you prepare the way for v-next with your team.
• At least 5 years of service or software engineering experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a technical field.
• 1+ years of experience with SQL.
1+ years’ experience with any of the following:
• Active Directory objects and GPO creation and maintenance.
• Enterprise technology architecture components of computing, virtualization, security, back-up / recovery / high availability, storage, and networking across the Microsoft stack.
• Microsoft Team Foundation Services/Visual Studio Online and Agile methodology.
• PowerShell scripting to deploy, configure, and automate IT services and components.
• Creating solution documentation including Data Flows, Business Context, System Integration and Entity Relationship diagrams.
• Knowledge of design, configuration and lifecycle management of IT solutions.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
• Working experience with solution design, implementation and or support experience of Microsoft technologies.
• Strong problem solving and leadership skills. Flexible and works well in a virtual team environment.
• Strong SQL Server knowledge preferably related to AX implementations.
• Excellent Communication Skills - spoken and written English, knows how to drive conversations to get things done.
• Effective learning skills, knows how to acquire desired background in Microsoft technologies in order to be successful in a service engineering role.
Relocation is not provided for this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.