Senior Software Engineer
Are you passionate about using your strong technical skills to protect customers from attack and partnering with other teams across Microsoft? Want to see new attacks firsthand and help develop a new approach to protection? If so, the Office Security team is interested in talking with you about our new customer facing features to protect Office client customers and their data.
The Office security team has a history of building exploit mitigations and data protection features that make a difference including the Protected View sandbox, Office file validation (fuzzing mitigation), security polices, document encryption and digital signatures, Information Rights Management, and Data Loss Prevention.
You will partner with other teams to understand technologies deeply and build industry impacting features/security mitigations. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Office Security team, you will have end-to-end ownership for your areas including design, code, test and telemetry coverage. You will work with other experienced Software Engineers, Program Managers, and Designers to ensure we leverage solid engineering practices and customer feedback.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with engineers, program managers, designers and partner teams to deliver a set of features with the right overall design and architecture
- Own and deliver complete features, including design, architecture, implementation, testability, debugging, and shipping
- Work on cross-platform client and service code
- Be committed to delivering the best experience for our customers
WE'RE LOOKING FOR ENGINEERS WITH:
- A consistent history of successfully leading, designing and implementing features
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience, shipping customer-facing code
- 7+ years of Java, C, C++, or C# experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; BS degree in Computer Science strongly preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org..