Xbox One racing games. Platform-defining server technology. The developer behind the highly acclaimed Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon franchise, Turn 10 Studios, is looking for a rock star Software Design Engineer to help design and build the next great innovations in online and social gaming.
As a First-Party studio, this team works hand-in-hand with the Xbox One platform teams and Microsoft Studios to define gaming experiences across the Microsoft gaming ecosystem on Xbox One, Xbox Scorpio and Windows Store. You will help deliver the next AAA titles from Turn 10 Studios on next generation platforms.
We are constantly evolving our proven services architecture to improve performance, scalability and an expanding feature set supporting our games. We have a highly-skilled, fun, and passionate team of developers. We love what we do, yet we keep a strong work/life balance.
You must be comfortable dealing with ambiguous, challenging problems. Excellent communication skills are vital.
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor of Science in Math/Computer Science or Equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of C++ or C#
- Rock solid understanding of software engineering best practices
- Experience building complex frameworks and infrastructure
- Strong communication and cross-team development skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing and calling Web Services (Web API, WCF, or equivalent REST)
- Experience with Azure Services (or AWS/App Engine)
- Passion for games and a drive to create amazing AAA game Experiences
- Experience working with high performance, high throughput distributed systems, and associated parallel algorithms knowledge
- People or technical leadership experience
- Experience with source control systems (Source Depot, Perforce, Git)
- Experience with build, deploy, scripting, lifecycle and release management tools
- Experience with continuous integration build systems (TeamCity, Jenkins, VS Online)
- Experience with SQL
- Game development experience
- Experience with complex systems (animation, graphics, game engine, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.