Senior Software Engineer
Office 365, with millions of monthly active users, is the locomotive that is driving Microsoft forward. No part of Office 365 is more critical to the future of the company than the foundational Office Substrate. The Office Substrate is the set of intelligent and high value services and compliant environments that enable the next generation of transformative end-user experiences for Office 365 and all Microsoft products.
The Outlook Services Ecosystem team is building the REST-based API and the developer experience around Office Substrate. Our customers are 1st, 2nd and 3rd parties, inventing services and apps. We need talented engineers who can get inside the heads of our partner engineers to design and build an intuitive and powerful API while understanding the value to users in enabling these integrations. You will be responsible for creating, innovating on and maintaining the massive-scale Office 365 service. You will work with our partners to light up new scenarios. Today our service is highly available, widely distributed and processes billion of requests per day for millions of users all around the world. We need flexible, scenario-focused Engineers with a passion for and experience with delivering high scale, high performance services. If you have a demonstrable ability to learn new technologies and are curious and passionate about are ever growing cloud services, then I would love to have an introductory chat with you.
Job responsibilities include:
• Working with our partners & PM to invent new features, and to improve the framework used by these features.
• Working with partners to achieve industry leading performance and SLA metrics for the Office Substrate Rest API:.
• 7+ years’ experience designing and implementing software in C++, C# or .NET programming
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with Web, iOS Android, PHP, Ruby, Python development is a plus
• Demonstrated experience building and enabling partner teams to deliver new end-user scenarios
• Passion to work on hard core technical problems related to large-scale online services
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.