Senior Software Engineer
Do you have passion for delivering key insights on top of Big Data? A desire to help shape the emerging BI ecosystem with Cloud and Enterprise into a competitive differentiator? Come join the new generation of experiences which enable Azure, the fastest-growing cloud platform in the world which makes billions of dollars of revenue!
The goal of Cloud Intelligence Platform team is to foster a data-driven culture, to encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions through data. As part of that work our infrastructure and solutions team develops and operationalizes the BI platform that enables a variety of teams and processes to realize that goal. As the volume of data-and the demand for solutions-grows, we need a strong and experienced SDE who can design & develop on Big Data systems and help manage day-to-day operations.
• Create and manage complete designs that solve classes of problems, enable group of components and satisfy business, customer, engineering and operational requirements.
• Design and develop key ingredients to big data pipelines T-SQL, Scope, Hadoop workflow orchestration tasks, diagnostic interfaces, service layers and other assorted reporting/distribution assets.
• Design and develop resilient systems.
• Monitor and proactively troubleshoot day-to-day operations
• Own Technical design of components with overall systems view
• Lead and mentor team of developers to deliver on features
• Create different types of automated tests to ensure high quality bar.
• 8+ years of design, coding, testing and troubleshooting experience with customer facing systems.
• 5+ years of development experience in SQL or BigData platforms is preferred.
• Outstanding coding skills in T-SQL, C# or Open source/Hadoop 3+ years.
• Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver features on time with quality.
• Proven ability to lead a team of developers to deliver on solutions 2+ year.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES/INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
• An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
• Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
The candidate must also have:
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, or related IT degree OR 4+ years of related IT experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.