Does Blizzard sound like an awesome place to work? Do you want to make it even more awesome?
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking enthusiastic Senior Software Engineers to join our Corporate Applications group in Irvine, CA. You'll help build tools used every day at Blizzard for Game Production, Development, IT, Human Resources, Finance, QA, Internal Communications, and more!
Our engineers are highly collaborative to create epic and efficient applications used by Blizzard employees worldwide. They work closely together to share knowledge and push the department forward by learning from each other's success and failures via group discussions, paired programming, mentoring, and embracing any technique that keeps us sustainably delivering quality software.
In addition to being talented engineers, our senior engineers are expected to spend a fair amount of their time aligning the team, mentoring engineers, and participating in architecture discussions to help make sure we're building the right tools in the most epic way possible.
Senior Engineers work closely with leads and engineering managers to commit to quality and deliver it consistently. They help track metrics so that we can have impactful sprints and they know when to communicate risks.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of delivering reliable and SOLID solutions, has found success (and failure!) with multiple different projects throughout their career, and measures their success through their team. They have a strong background in .NET development, stack testing, & an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis. They eat complexity for breakfast and welcome ambiguity. They have a sense of ownership and responsibility for everything we produce.
Are you up for the challenge?Requirements
- 5 years of experience working on .NET, including experience with .NET 4.5 or higher
- Experience developing on ASP.NET MVC / Web API, Windows Services, & other relevant platforms
- Experience with automated testing methodologies
- Experience working with legacy code and greenfield projects
- Experience developing HTTP-based APIs (RESTful, RPC, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Comfortable working on cross-discipline teams (Engineering, Design, UX, Production, QA, etc.)
- Proficient in writing technical documentation
- Experience with parallel programming and development (TPL, promises)
- Comfortable with RDBMS concepts
- Experience with SOA and SOLID
- Familiar with JS frameworks (NodeJS, AngularJS, Backbone, React, Vue.js, etc.)
- Share responsibility for upkeep and support of Production systems
Required Application Materials
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages
- Comfortable with visualization frameworks (d3.js, Canvas, Unity)
- Understanding of Agile metrics
- KPI and data management fundamentals
- Exposure to AMQP
- Familiarity with horizontally scalable design
- Cover Letter (optional)
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.