Senior Software Engineer
We are the Azure Big Data teams part of the C+E Azure organization. Azure SQL Database is a fast-growing platform as a service that is attracting application developers and enterprise workloads to the cloud. Our team is responsible for key features such as Backup, Point-in-Time Restore, Geo-Restore and various data replication and synchronization capabilities such as Replication, Import-Export and SQL Azure Data Sync. The team owns supporting these features for both the Azure SQL Database Service as well as the SQL Server box product. As a senior engineer in the team, you will be responsible for making improvements to these features with the goal of reaching best-in-class functionality and greatly improving customer adoption and satisfaction. You will be working in a challenging and fast-paced environment where innovation is valued and will have a direct impact on functionality, security, performance, scalability, manageability and supportability of the Azure SQL Database service and will benefit a key strategic (Enterprise) customer base. As a senior member of our growing team you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to improving our processes and culture in a way consistent with a world-class professional engineering and cloud-service organization. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who is willing to take on challenging initiatives, capable of working both independently and with others as a team, and able to follow through to deliver results.
Come join us on the Azure Big data team!
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT related technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
• 4+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C# OR C OR object-oriented programming OR SQL server
• Great curiosity and willingness to question
• High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
• Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner
• Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
• Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
• Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
• Expertise in troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Multithreaded and parallel programming experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.