Senior Software Engineer
Universal Store Team (UST) enables one of Microsoft’s most business-critical needs: electronic monetization of products and services. UST is developing some of Microsoft’s largest scale, most business-critical cloud services. These services have a huge global footprint of over 240 markets and processes millions of transactions daily, with loads growing linearly as Microsoft moves to a fully cloud-powered services and devices company.
The platform powers all of Microsoft’s key businesses - Azure, Office 365, XBOX, Windows App Store, Windows Phone, Bing Ads to name just a few. The platform also powers the licensing business for millions of customers large and small, enabling them to use Microsoft software and services across cloud, on-premises, and hybrid scenarios. Whether renting a movie or buying a game on Xbox LIVE, purchasing an app on a Windows or Windows Phone device, signing up for an Office 365 subscription or paying for Azure services, you are using Universal Store.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the services (design, develop, quality, oversee production deployment, service availability & reliability.) S/he will actively be committed in ensuring our Live Site meets the availability, reliability and latency requirements.
• Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, reliability, scalability, latency, security, resiliency, and efficiency of a service
• Contribute in debugging, troubleshooting complete stack of a service and drive analysis of an outage; write software and build automation to resolve problems permanently
• Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
• Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
• Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements
• Conduct periodic on call duties
• 5+ years software development experience (online services preferred)
• A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience in testing, deploying and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments
• Excellent C#, C++, C or Java coding skills
• Ability to understand unfamiliar code bases, and debug server-side, multi-threaded, and highly scalable applications
• Capable of technical deep-dives into service design, operating systems, networking, storage, monitoring, and capacity planning
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.