Engineering velocity is at the center of the new “mobile-first and cloud-first” company strategy for Microsoft. Winning in today’s highly competitive environment requires rapid delivery to customers. The faster we get new features to our customers, the better we can react to feedback, improve our product, and truly delight those customers. OneDrive is a rapidly growing product that has huge amounts of unrealized potential. It is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud strategy and impacts customers through integration with almost every piece of the company, including Windows, Office, Xbox, and Bing, and directly through our own apps. As part of the OneDrive development team, you will have the opportunity to fundamentally change the way that people use their devices and protect the most important content in their lives.
The OneDrive Engineering Fundamentals team is looking for a highly motivated, highly capable Software Engineer who has a ton of passion about building the best quality product in the most efficient way by bringing changes and innovations to our engineering systems and enabling hundreds of other developers to do their best work by building an environment that is highly optimized for productivity. As a Software Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for designing and building products and services that fundamentally change how we build, test, and release software to the world. You will not only contribute in engineering but also in promoting a team culture that puts quality, agility, and speed at the center of software development. You will have the opportunity to wear multiple hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership. You will have the opportunity to directly impact all teams within OneDrive and collaborate with partner teams across the entire company to drive meaningful and measurable improvements in OneDrive engineering practices.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with other teams within and outside OneDrive to build tools and services that shape the release pipeline, the quality of the product, and the developer experience using technologies that include distributed build, workflow orchestration, data analysis, data modeling, distributed computing, and object-oriented programing.
• Shape the engineering excellence strategy through creation of design specifications, implementation of services, code reviews, unit and functional testing, live site support, and ongoing improvements of existing engineering systems.
• 4+ years of programming, software development, and/or software engineering experience.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• A Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
• 6+ years of shipping production software
• Passion for improving quality, performance, and reliability of engineering systems; passion for engineering excellence
• Experience in developing, debugging and maintaining code in object oriented languages and database querying languages
• Strong coding, debugging, algorithm design, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to drive solutions to ambiguous, complicated problems
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.