Join the Web Platform Team!
With Win10 we have started on an amazing journey to build the most modern, awesome browser on the Windows Platform - Microsoft Edge. The web platform team is the foundation of the browser and many apps in the Universal Windows Platform is hiring now! We have a broad spectrum of positions across multiple subsystems and feature teams - layout, DOM, performance, graphics & rendering, infrastructure, text, extensions, input, navigation, media & networking. You can be higher or lower in the stack. Your code can directly interact with the user or it can provide essential plumbing, infrastructure and services, the choice is yours. All that we need is that you bring your passion, enthusiasm, and A-game for making the web better, and you can be a part of this remarkable journey. The ideal candidate is skilled at low-level design and implementation, but also able to take a higher-level view to create and own new architectural designs in a large and complex code base that has deep system integration.
To succeed on this team you must be:
• Passionate about working with a strong team on a product facing fierce competition
• Proactive, with a demonstrated ability to tackle hard problems
• Able to work with other developers and program managers and partner teams to design, implement, and test solid technical features
• 4+ years of C++ development experience
• 4+ years of developing commercial software
• Solid design, coding, debugging and problem solving skills
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Experience building Windows Store applications is a plus
• Experience with Windows architecture and internals is a plus
• BS or higher degree in Computer Science or a related field
We encourage you to reach out to our recruiter @Heather_MSFT (https://twitter.com/Heather_MSFT) on Twitter to learn more about specifics of our team. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and engage directly with our team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.