Cloud Native app development is rapidly emerging as best practice for developers designing for cloud scale and teams looking for greater agility in building and operating distributed apps. Inspired by companies like Netflix, eBay, SoundCloud, Twitter and Gilt, developers everywhere are excited by the agility offered by microservices architectures running on server less infrastructure.
The Azure Developer Experience team is looking for strong developers to help us build Azure Projects - a set of tools and experiences to enable developers to easily build, debug, deploy, and monitor containerized apps in Microsoft Azure.
We are building best-in-class cloud connected developer experiences including:
• Running and debugging code directly in the cloud Incremental staged rollouts of individual services Consistent inner- and outer-loop experiences for long-running services, scheduled jobs, and functions
• Automatic diagnostic and operational metric collection and reporting
• Integration with the Azure CLI, Azure Portal, VS Code and Visual Studio
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer who shares our passion for building great software for developers.
• You will work with exciting technologies like Docker and Service Fabric, on platforms including Mac, Windows, and Linux,.
• You will help drive the design, implementation and validation of a forward-looking, emerging product as part of an agile, collaborative, cross-discipline team environment.
• In addition to strong technical skills, you should have a passion for innovation and software quality.
• You’ll need to be comfortable with rapid changes in technology and demonstrate strong communications skills.
Successful candidates will have:
• Outstanding problem solving skills, creativity, and passion for innovation and design
• A willingness to work in an agile, iterative development environment
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with developing web services and using Azure resources
• Experience with Docker, Service Fabric or other container technologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.