Office 365 has made Microsoft into the largest SaaS company in the world. With over 100 million mailboxes and the fastest growth in the industry, it represents the world’s largest store of human behavioral and network data about work and contains tremendous potential to inform and increase organizational productivity around the world. Our data scientists have pioneered the translation of email, calendar and other enterprise signals into anonymous, aggregated, predictive data about what people do and why it matters. This is an opportunity to join this team and become an expert on behavior and productivity in the enterprise.
Who we are:
We have a startup culture - dreaming big, working hands-on with customers, and daring to build something that has never been built before. Our team applies cutting edge big data and analytics technology and high-end business services to empower executives, managers, and individuals to better understand and focus their own time and their team’s time around their important priorities.
Who you are:
Strong, highly motivated engineer with a passion to enable the best possible experiences to our customers. You are obsessed about users’ experience across a range of form factor surfaces. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape. Have experience with Azure or other cloud services, passionate about iterating fast, and getting the right design for our customers. With entrepreneurial spirit and a can do attitude. Curious about machine learning, understand efficient data structures, familiar with algorithms and have a track record of shipping software based services.
- 6+ years of hands-on software design and coding experience in web technologies.
- Proven ability to instrument, profile, debug, and optimize code and resolve complex issues with distributed systems across multiple layers.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong computer science fundamentals and proven algorithm design capability.
- Excellent technical, cross group collaboration and communication skills.
- Hands on experience in delivering web experience on a variety of form factors e.g. tablets, phones, etc.
- Experience working in a startup environment or v1 products
- DevOps Experience supporting production systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.