Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Visa is looking for Software Engineers who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects.
- Design, implement and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components using functional programming paradigm
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Collaborate with team to build performance test suite. Run simulations with high throughput workload, analyze performance simulation results to fine tune component design and implementation
- Contribute to efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned
- Support in triaging and troubleshooting of highly distributed services in production environment
- Extraordinary software engineering talent
- Minimum of 2 years' hands-on development experience
- Knowledge of functional programming languages like Scala, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, or the ability to learn them quickly
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage and networking protocols
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from recognized university
- Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.