Are you fascinated with finding new ways for millions of users to connect, manage, and live their lives? Are you interested in helping every person on the planet to achieve more? Are you obsessed with creating products that are simple, useful, and delightful? So are we. Outlook empowers people through communication and collaboration. We are the Outlook Calendar Team and we help people harness and understand one of their most precious resources - their time. Here, you will find a positive and inclusive work environment with engineers from diverse backgrounds.
Our team has a strong culture of quality, innovation, creativity, respect, and collaboration. We are looking for Software Engineers who are passionate about great user experience, who believe that quality is a critical feature, and who are enthusiastic about bringing customers a connected and delightful experience throughout their lives and across their devices. We are looking for someone who is passionate about client experiences, is a life-long learner, has strong engineering and collaboration skills, can come up with creative solutions to difficult technical problems and who can help an entire team deliver. This is a fantastic opportunity to build solutions and experiences that hundreds of millions of people worldwide will use at home, at school, at work, and across their lives.
• To design and implement new features and to provide input to improve existing features and designs.
• To review functional, design, and test specs and to ensure high-quality features are delivered that satisfy customer’s needs.
• To support, evaluate and experiment with critical scenarios and features in production.
• To integrate optics for reliability, performance and usage patterns of scenarios and features with our existing telemetry systems.
• Collaboration: Being a team player who works well in a collaborative environment with peers as well as partners in other development disciplines and organizations.
• Customer Focus: A focus on delivering customer value and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
• Drive for Results: Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and capability that successful engineers exhibit.
Technical excellence is at the heart of software engineering. This is demonstrating a passion for technology and the engineering craft, a curiosity to go deep, being able to quickly learn and build upon past experiences and being able to extrapolate from those experiences and deliver innovation.
Technical excellence is rooted in demonstrating a strong aptitude for problem solving. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate this broad set of attributes well. As there are many forms of coding in practical use today, having experience in languages and frameworks such as REACT, node.js, Python, C#, Java, C, C++, and various others is acceptable, assuming the candidate can demonstrate proficiency in what they know, and can extend their learning to new languages, tools, and environments.
• A bachelor’s degree and the equivalent of at least 5 years’ experience working in a software engineering environment.
• Experience with REACT, node.js, Python, C#, Java, C, C++, and various others is acceptable
• Ability to ramp-up quickly on complex and unfamiliar code in various technology areas as product needs dictate is a must.
• Ability to debug across various environments to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems and organizations
• Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
• High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it
• Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Designers, etc.)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.