To delight customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Quality of service (QoS) is paramount as we continue to make deep investment in Microsoft Azure and its expanding customer base who rely on our services to run their diverse businesses. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider.
Geneva Access is the future of how programmatic access to production will be managed throughout the Azure Public and Sovereign Clouds. This is a high throughput, massive scale, distributed service that will impact literally every service in Azure’s cloud. We are the embedded SRE team working directly on the core design and implementation of Geneva Access. What’s an embedded SRE team. We work directly with Azure service development teams to focus on service reliability. As an SRE in the organization you will apply your experience with distributed systems and software engineering to improve service health. You will work in an innovative team to define and evangelize cloud-first optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance, reduce operational toil, and increase deployment velocity. All members of the team participate in on-call rotations working deeply with partner services to triage and react to production outages, conduct root-cause analysis, and track repair tasks. Do you want to be a member of a team delivering critical Azure technology? This role is to work as a member of a small engineering group where. your work will be high impact with initial delivery in less than 6 months. Great core development skills in C# are a must have and we also strongly prefer candidates who have expertise in the areas of building extensible high scale service platforms. If you are a quick study and live for building high quality software, we would love to talk to you.
Engage with the Geneva Access team as an SRE to improve service reliability, reduce operating toil, and build core product features. Collaborate on the design of the overall service with a strong preference for service reliability and automated troubleshooting. Extensive development and unit testing in C#. Research, architect, develop and deliver solutions in an agile development environment.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science
• At least 5 years of experience as a software engineer, using C#, or C++.
• Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence.
• Demonstrable ability to own and deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity.
• Focused on writing high quality code and demonstrated use of test automation to ensure said quality.
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge and proven experience designing, developing, and operating large scale internet-scale services
• Genuine interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
• Extensive knowledge and experience designing for operability
• Systematic problem-solving approach
• Demonstrated ability to communicate business and technical ideas to varied audiences across disciplines, including peer engineers, product managers and management
• Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
• Ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks
You will be required to pass Microsoft background checks prior to the start of employment and periodically thereafter. Further details regarding this process will be provided in follow up correspondence. AZSRE #PIEJOBS
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.