Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the team behind one of the world’s largest Cloud Infrastructures responsible for powering all Microsoft products and services. We are the software engineering hardware inventory team that manages inventory engineering systems world-wide for Microsoft datacenters. We are looking for software engineers who can contribute to the scale of inventory movements and deployments that power up the Microsoft cloud and more. Our world-class engineering team is focused on developing software services and applications which accurately track, record, and manage computing capacity in Microsoft data centers. These services and applications help run our datacenters, plan for cloud capacity, deployment of hardware, spare management, and increase security for data stored in the cloud.
• Work with other engineering teams to design features which span multiple systems.
• Work with users and business partners to evaluate functional requirements.
• Design systems and drive projects which require multiple software engineers.
• Participate in team design reviews.
• Participate in team sprint planning.
• Design and build web services using C#, Rest, Azure, and SQL Server.
• Debug and handle production issues.
• 5+ years designing and developing software.
• BS in Computer Science, MS preferred.
• Experience developing web applications, web services, and persistence layers.
• Experience with automated testing, deployment, and system monitoring.
• Experience designing features to be implemented by multiple developers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.