Are you interested in working on the cutting edge of enterprise security products? Do you want to combat evolving, advanced security threats? Do you want to build intelligence and analytics systems powering one of the most advanced security products Microsoft offers today?
Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (WDATP) is the security service that enables Microsoft’s enterprise customers to detect, investigate, and respond to advanced threats on their networks via a combination of endpoint behavioral sensors, cloud security analytics and threat intelligence.
We are looking for deeply technical and passionate engineers who are interested in working on an emerging product in a fast-paced startup style environment to deliver applied research in the form of an intelligence service that ships continuously.
In this role, you will design and implement scalable systems for analyzing data across the Intelligent Security Graph to identify and track sophisticated attacker techniques, tools, and infrastructure. You’ll use threat research to improve our analytic capabilities, develop new detection methodology, and influence the development of sensor capability. You will connect threat data and workflows among our internal and external partners improving our ability to hunt for and identify cyber threats.
• 4+ years of professional experience designing and developing software or services
Preferred Skillsets and Experience:
• 2+ years in building high-scale distributed data-oriented systems
• Strong programming or scripting background (Python, PowerShell, C#, C++, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills with an eye for detail and the ability to articulate business needs in cross-group and partner scenarios.
• Background in design and implementation of large scale data mining and workflow systems
• Ability to analyze and present complex data visually in a meaningful way
• Deep and practical OS security/internals knowledge
• Experience in security research and attacker tradecraft.
• Experience working with high-volume, highly dimensional data at scale using distributed parallel processing systems (e.g. Hadoop) as well as common database technologies (T-SQL)
• Data science background, experience with machine learning, online learning, graph theory
• Experience tracking cyber threats and leveraging intelligence on methodology, tools, and infrastructure.
• Functional understanding of common threat analysis models such as the Diamond Model and Cyber Kill Chain.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.