Senior Software Engineer
Microsoft Azure is undergoing explosive growth (120% y/y) as customers around the world realize the benefits of moving their services and applications on to the cloud. Security is the foremost concern for our customers as they move their services outside their datacenter and Microsoft is betting heavily on the success of the Azure cloud platform. If you are looking for a challenge and passionate about protecting Microsoft and customer’s assets in the cloud, Azure security team has the right role for you!
We are looking for a senior developer to act as a technical lead to define, architect, and implement cloud-scale services and integrated solutions. The right candidate will be working on developing a core foundational service with broad scope that helps ensure that Azure has a secure computational foundation - Internally and externally this secure foundation can be trusted and attested to, thus enabling customers to trust that their payloads only execute on securely configured Azure hosts. This role requires a technically proficient, customer-focused engineer who wants to have broad impact across Azure. Your primary responsibilities are to design, code, test, support and release new features that will help ensure Azure is the most secure cloud operating system in the world!
This is a unique opportunity to work on cutting edge security technologies and partner with internal and external customers to apply them to the cloud scale. In this position, you will own end to end aspects of building and running highly available secure distributed services providing mission critical functionality for Azure. Though the job description refers only to senior levels, we are looking for good candidates across all levels from Software Engineer II to Principal.
• 5+ years of software development experience in a product group.
• Strong design and development experience that includes development in C#/C++/C, preferably with distributed programming models.
• Passion in building and designing very large-scale systems; prior experience in building large scale online systems is a big plus.
• Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills.
• Experience in Windows client, server OS security and applied cryptography is a strong plus.
• Ability to go deep in security features.
• Knowledge of hardware firmware is highly desirable.
• Ability to learn and grasp concepts quickly in a fast-paced environment is critical to success.
• The ability to multi-task while balancing short term and long-term needs is essential.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.