Are you interested in bringing Azure to enterprise customers and service providers? The world is moving to Cloud and Microsoft is betting the company on Azure as our cloud computing platform. With all these changes, the management and monitoring requirements for the datacenter have also changed with focus on real-time visibility, historical analysis, and self-healing capabilities. Our customers have expressed a desire to spend more time building applications and less time managing the infrastructure that is running their applications. If you want to be part of an excellent team working on bleeding edge technology and you are passionate about cloud computing, this is the place to be.
The Solutions Engineering team is tasked with enabling customers to run private and secure instances of Azure in their datacenters. In this position, you will have the opportunity to design and build highly scalable, loosely coupled systems that revolutionize how customers are monitoring and managing their cloud infrastructure. You will be expected to develop innovative tools and creative solutions to help collect, analyze and visualize performance and availability metrics to better understand the overall system health. Apart from the technical qualifications listed below, we are looking for very strong, motivated, result-oriented and collaborative people who can be independent and get things done in a team setting. Working knowledge of Azure is a strong plus.
- 6+ years experience in object oriented development
- 3+ years in C#, SQL, .NET Framework, WCF, XML, Web Services, HTML
- Strong customer focus and passion for doing the right thing for the customer
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented
- Experience working in Data science, Hadoop, elastic search/Solr, Relational DB is a strong plus
- Azure services, System Center, WAP, Windows Server is a strong plus
- A technical degree in computer science or equivalent required, post-graduate degree a plus
- Experience in cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, SQL Azure, and Amazon Web Services
- Strong debugging, coding, and analytical problem solving skills - Knowledge and understanding of building a secure service
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud computing paradigms
- Experience in building highly available, highly scalable, reliable, distributed systems
- Excellence in software engineering practices and coding
- Proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software - Ability to multi-task and effectively manage concurrent initiatives
3+ years of software development experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.