Senior Software Engineer
Do you feel passionate about improving the input experience of Windows devices? Do love to experiment with new ways to interact with Windows? Do you feel excited using artificial intelligence to make Windows smarter about understanding how millions of people interact with their Windows devices every day? Are you passionate about working on the core input stack for Windows, Xbox, IOT and all other Windows based devices? If so, continue reading.
Our team is a core and central part of all windows based platforms responsible for all of the existing and exciting new input modalities. Whether it be keyboards, mice, pen, stylus, touch, touchpad, speech, eye tracking, gestures - we do it all! On our team, you get to work on not only the very foundational kernel technologies but also higher levels of the OS stack which give you the opportunity to have direct exposure to application developers and our customers.
Our environment requires you to be:
• Motivated and able to quickly learn new technologies
• Inclusiveness: making others great, transparency
• Energy: having fun, following your passion, and making things happen
• Winning: sticking at things for the long term, living and breathing the competition
What you’ll do:
• Work on cutting edge input devices related features.
• Examine how to use ML/AI to bring new exciting input experiences to end users.
• Exploit the power of the cloud into making Windows devices more smarter understanding users input interaction patterns towards improve end user productivity.
• Drive detailed design reviews, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams
• Integrate into the broader Windows operating system
• 5+ years of software development and testing of production software experience
• Exemplary coding and debugging skills in C/C++
• Outstanding technical problem-solving, design, coding, and testing skills
• History of sound architecture, design and implementation for a complex system software.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in person and in the written form
• Ability to work independently and efficiently in a highly motivated team environment
Experience in one or more of these area is a plus:
• Experience with API design
• Experience with kernel and user mode development and debugging is preferred but not a must
• Industry or academic work related to machine learning or language model
• Experience in deep learning, computer vision, document analysis, or handwriting recognition
• Experience in building robust, secure, and scalable cloud services
We encourage you to reach out to our recruiter @Heather_MSFT (https://twitter.com/Heather_MSFT) on Twitter to learn more about specifics of our team. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and engage directly with our team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.