The team within Xbox is growing the charter which will require to build bigger and better front-end portals to provide visibility into everything our team does. We are looking for a motivated, talented and experienced senior engineer who loves to work on front end UX, is passionate about quality and user experiences, and delivers solid engineered solutions. You will be architecting solutions that will meet all our portal needs, identifying and creating common components, and building out portal experiences. You will also be expected to mentor junior talent that will be working on these portals. Our team consists of high-powered engineers that all regularly jump onto whatever needs to be done, often cross boundaries of ownership. Your desire and ability to be able to look outside your specific work is critical.
• Design, develop and maintain portal experiences that support the future efforts.
• New features should be released on time with high quality
• Unit tests, design, and development must be part of the process
• Work with your peers, team leaders, and partner teams to design solutions; participate in code and design reviews for yours and other projects
• Be a mentor and influence junior members of your team, helping them follow best practices, resolving problems and driving them in the adoption of new technologies
• Work with the Program Management team to define the project requirements and then to validate the developed solution
• Drive for results; balanced with passion for our customers, quality, and business needs
• The ability to work with ambiguity and deliver in a fast-past environment
• Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
• Experience with web technologies
• Experience with database query languages such as T-SQL
• Experience with web API layers preferred
• Experience in Relational, NoSQL and/or Big Data storage systems and patterns (i.e. SQL Server, Azure SQLDB, CosmosDB, Object Storage) preferred
• BS in computer science or other engineering disciplines
• At least 5 years of development experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.