Are you interested in tackling complex problems in the Identity space, in an agile environment? If so, then the Identity & Access Management (IAM) engineering team in the Identity Division is the place to be.
We have data from enterprise user logins and audit logs from changes made to Identity. We need an ML engineer to join our Data Analytics and intelligence team who will derive insights in a highly scalable manner from this data. The IAM team is responsible for delivering the next generation of identity management products & services to manage identities, credentials, roles and access rights across both on-premises and cloud in a consistent & seamless manner. We are at the front and center of Microsoft’s identity strategy and work with the Active Directory (AD) and Azure Active Directory (AAD) services to power critical needs such as authentication, authorization, single sign-on, email, management of devices and social enterprise.
As an ML engineer in our team you will be uniquely positioned to apply machine learning techniques to detect unseen patterns of user behavior. You will develop clustering and classification algorithms that will be applicable across multiple services and data sources, enabling us to build ML driven insights that will enhance the management and end user experiences.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Develop high-performance machine learning systems for detecting insights, abnormality, correlations, etc.
• Deliver end to end solutions to analyze data that originates from users, services, or other automated systems
• Develop infrastructure as required to enable new experiences in enterprise security intelligence by deriving meaning from vast array of enterprise data about users and their activity
• Actively engage other teams across the company to identify security scenarios where machine learning/applied statistics can be used, and lead the development of solutions to these problems
• Act as an expert in machine learning/statistics to serve the growing needs of C+E Security
• Provide technical leadership to other developers
• 5+ years of experience developing production quality code in a professional software engineering role
• 3+ years of educational or professional experience in applying machine learning and data mining techniques to real problems with copious amounts of data
• Strong algorithmic background and experience applying knowledge to solve real problems
• Experience with very large scale data processing/analysis (a.k.a. big data)
• Strong C++ and/or C# skills (C# preferred) and understanding of software design patterns
• Experience developing high-performance service-oriented solutions
• Ability to work independently to actively identify and drive solutions for evolving business problems
• Candidates with a Ph.D. in other quantifiable fields (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics) with applied practical experience and programming background are also desirable
• Expertise in R and/or other languages & environments for statistical computing
• Development experience with distributed computing frameworks such as Hadoop & Apache Spark
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.