The Content Search and Intelligence team is looking for a seasoned UX engineer to design and deliver new experiences for the customers of Azure Search as it’s transforming from a custom full-text search engine to an integrated solution for building intelligent applications.
We are a team in the Artificial Intelligence and Research (AIR) division working on a popular Azure service called Azure Search - a global, fully managed, cloud-based search-as-a-service solution that makes it easy to integrate a robust set of search capabilities into any application. The service is now investing to help users get more value from their data through query understanding and content augmentation, leveraging advancements in machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) – bringing the best of AI to the Cloud.
As a team we’re proud of what we build and how we build it. We run lean, obsess about customers and use an evidence-based approach to decision making. Every single week we talk to customers to make sure we build is what customers want. Our codebase builds in minutes and we ship new bits continuously. You can read more about our culture in this news article: https://aka.ms/azure-search-startup.
Azure Search is not only a cool technology, but also a fast-growing business. Leading the UX work on our team means creating experiences that educate new customers about the power of the service as well as improving the service management interface. It’s a position that carries a lot of responsibility but gives plenty opportunities to impact customers’ satisfaction and business growth on daily basis.
Upon joining the team, you will:
- Own the roadmap and development of the Azure Search extension for the Azure Portal.
- Design and deliver infrastructure that allow the engineering team to lean about customers’ usage patterns and adoption blockers.
- Develop the Azure Search open-source Java Script SDK.
- Design and deliver open-source tools and frameworks allowing customers to quickly develop applications powered by Azure Search.
- Develop backend features supporting the Azure Search Portal extension
Be prepared to take ownership and put on your business hat - we are a small and diverse team that welcomes input from all members. Your insights will have the potential to impact the product beyond just the design of our UI. We offer flexible working hours and value responsible self-starters.
- Bachelors’ degree; Computer Science preferred.
- Excellent coding skills, including server-side language experience (C#).
- Strong sense of design and an ease-of-use mindset.
- Passion for creating simple and functional UX.
- Be comfortable communicating with customers directly through various mediums such as blogs, articles, Twitter, etc.
- Experience with Knockout, React and Redux is a plus.
- Interest in working on the intersection of information retrieval, machine-learning, large-scale cloud services, big data and developer experiences.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.