Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Corporate Function Engineering (CFE) is a highly-motivated team focused on helping our business stakeholders and our CFE team members achieve their full potential by enabling Microsoft to transform into a real-time enterprise and thus: Connect the Company, Delight Customers, and Inspire the Industry.
We are looking for a self-driven Senior Software Engineer who has passion for new technologies, cloud computing, micro services and building high performance DevOps organization. This position will provide an excellent opportunity to make an impact on multiple service lines across many business areas. Now is your chance to be part of this technically strong team that is on the forefront of these cutting-edge efforts and help us tackle our upcoming challenges. Now is your chance to be part of this technically strong team that is on the forefront of these cutting-edge efforts and help us tackle our upcoming challenges.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to do the following:
• Write clean well thought out code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability, while also mentoring others to do the same
• Adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry
• Design telemetry into services to provide immediate and historical view into customer experience
• Provide Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) accountability for Live Services
•In collaboration with others apply engineering principles to solve complex problems while leveraging sound engineering practices
• Support and influence the team culture of being customer centric and continuously improving
• Participate in external solutions with SaaS partners, including RFPs and incorporating Microsoft Engineering Standards.
• Strongly collaborate across CFE functions to reduce technical debit and act as SME to business partners.
• Ability to provide immediate, non-user impactful changes to services using Microsoft Engineering Standards.
• Consistently meet standards and policies (Agile delivery, security, privacy, SOX)
• Define project estimates and development project plans, lead contractor resources, develop prototypes, develop technical specifications, define and execute unit test plans, implement build and deploy automation.
• 6+ years of software development
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
• 3+ year of experience with building on Microsoft Azure or other Cloud solutions
• Experience with DevOps model including but not limited to Continuous Delivery, TDD, and performance-based load testing in production.
• Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of testing practices.
• Experienced agile practitioner.
• Experience in building and scaling Micro Services
• Excellent data driven approach to software engineering, design, coding, debugging, problem solving and analytical skills with a solid understanding of testing practices.
• Experience with any of the following testing: performance testing, security testing, privacy testing, accessibility testing, and localization / globalization testing.
• Experience leading Engineering change that influences the design of highly-performant services
• Strategic and creative thinker to solve difficult problems
• Strong communication skills, and ability to work through ambiguous situations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.