Do you build software or break it, engineer or hacker, goalkeeper or striker? Why choose? If you are just as happy at figuring out the weaknesses in software as you are building solutions to protect against them then the Azure Storage team is hiring! Azure has one of the largest storage services on the planet, holding Exabytes of data not just for our 3rd party customers, but also many of Microsoft’s own services from AzureBackup through Xbox. You can read more about the Service architecture here:
The security of this platform and the data it holds is clearly critical and we’re building a new horizontal security engineering team in Azure Storage to take on the responsibility for improving the detection, response, hardening, and prevention of security issues at all layers across the service. As a developer on the storage security team you’ll work on varied tasks and projects - from writing customer-facing security features to creating defensive measures inside the storage services. You’ll have the opportunity to interact far-and-wide alongside our Azure Storage colleagues and Microsoft’s other security teams, with the potential for huge impact. We’re looking for top-notch talent that aren’t afraid of getting down-and-dirty in the code or taking specific high-level goals, figuring out an agile solution, and driving them to success. Security experience isn’t required (although desirable), but strong coding skills, experience in online services and distributed systems are a must - we want do-ers, not talk-ers, with you spending more time in Visual Studio (or VIM) than in Outlook, Word, or PowerPoint.
In Azure Storage, we can offer you a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The environment empowers you to have a real impact on millions of end users. This is a unique opportunity to work with world-class engineers on a clearly critical and foundational layer of Azure and the future of Microsoft as a company.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Scale engineering - first and foremost this is an engineering team and will be building at scale solutions to defend the Azure Storage service(s) with little (if any) human involvement
• Effective collaboration - we work with not only with our own colleagues in storage, but across Azure, C&E, as well as first party teams who have existing services, solutions, and needs.
• To be effective and to be able to scale we must build and integrate onto/into existing solutions; don’t build another wheel.
• At least 7 years as an engineer
• Outstanding coding in C# and C++
• Prior exposure to cloud-scale services and their challenges
• File system and kernel mode development experience is highly desired
• Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Knowledge and working experience of security for cloud services is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.