Senior Software Engineer
Microsoft's Cloud and Enterprise division is looking for a talented, motivated, and experienced software development engineer to work with us on the next generation of application developer services and tools. With our industry-leading services in HockeyApp, Xamarin Test Cloud, and App Center, and our continued investment in tools for any developer, any app, and any platform, we are uniquely positioned to reshape the market. If you want to be part of shaping the future of application development at Microsoft, come join us.
For this role, the main responsibilities are to design, code, test, and release new software and services in a high velocity model. When developers want to create an app delivering amazing value, they need the tools to help them do it. We are building the best of breed tools to increase the make app development easier through a best of breed continuous integration tools.
If you are passionate about app development, are excited by constantly learning in an ever-changing environment and market and above all love to focus on customers and building products they love – we want to hear from you!
- Design, build and validate scalable, high availability services.
- Collaborate with teammates in various roles to plan and execute on key deliverables.
- Work in a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection and growth.
- 7+ years of professional experience designing, developing, and shipping high quality software.
- Proven track record of successfully shipping multiple projects on time.
- Experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of cloud services and data storage is a plus.
- Passionate about availability, reliability, security, and scalability.
- BA/BS/MS in computer science, engineering or related field, or a minimum of 4 additional years of industry experience strong customer focus.
- Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills, advanced design and development skills.
- Passion for building customer value.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.