Microsoft Silicon & Technology Division develops ground-breaking hardware that engages customers and unleashes innovation. Silicon & Technology energizes Microsoft product offerings with custom silicon solutions from concept to implementation for HoloLens and Xbox. Come join this dynamic team in Silicon Valley. We are looking for a highly motivated senior software development engineer with experience in low-level software and graphics who will thrive in our dynamic and technically challenging environment.
As a member of the Microsoft’s Silicon & Technology team, you directly impact future products through:
• Writing software for functional and performance verification of hardware systems and components
• Defining and developing pre-silicon verification and post-silicon validation tests for CPUs, GPUs, sensors & other silicon blocks.
• Defining power and performance benchmarks with silicon engineering and operations
• Developing software for manufacturing and system bring-up
Academic & Industrial Qualifications:
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Electrical Engineering, or Physics
• 3+ years of software development industry experience
• Intimate knowledge of C and C++
• Previous experience with SPI/I2C
• Excellent debugging skills down to assembly code
• Knowledge of operating systems including drivers, virtual memory, boot loaders, and scheduling
• Previous benchmarking or performance engineering experience
• Experience with pre-silicon verification and/or post-silicon validation
• Knowledge of the graphics pipeline and/or experience with DirectX or OpenGL
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.