Senior Software Engineer
When you hear “Windows As A Service” (WaaS)… do you envision:
• A continuous flow of regular pre-release updates to a growing community of Insiders?
• The ability to Experiment or do A/B type testing on Windows empowered by modern Machine Learning and Data Science?
• A true Software as a Service model for Windows?
If you do, keep reading.
We are the Flighting Capability team is the organization tasked with making Windows as a Service a reality, and we need your help. Our team builds the tools and services that enable the Windows organization to rapidly iterate on builds being sent out to Windows Insiders. You would be working in a team environment on several different systems to collaboratively complete features across multiple groups from Data Science to Engineering Systems to Azure services.
You will imagine, implement and release:
• Cloud services empowering Windows (true SaaS)
• In-box client components including quality analytics and remediation
• Web portals to drive the operations of WaaS.
• All at scale to meet the reliability and capacity needs of the new Windows as a Service initiative.
We are a combined engineering team owning both the traditional development and validation work for the features we deliver. You are a passionate engineer with a proven programming and design skills who’s passionate about working with full service stacks, user experience and delivering features at high quality.
If you want to be part of the engineering team that’s enabling Windows to become a true service, we can use your help!
• 5+ years active development experience in C++ and/or C# and .Net
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms
• Solid cross group communication and collaboration
• Web development experience is an added bonus
• Prior experience in shipping products across multiple product cycles.
• Solid design and coding skills with a bias for architecture at scale.
• Ability to collaborate within and across teams effectively Proficiency in object oriented programming.
• Experience creating, developing, delivering, deploying, maintaining online services.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org