Senior Software Engineer
The Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) group is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Microsoft. MCIO’s mission is to optimize and deliver industry leading cloud infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s online services. The organization is responsible for strategy and delivery of the foundational platform for all Microsoft Online Services including cost transparency, cost planning, demand and capacity forecasting, capacity planning and supply chain optimization.
We do that by employing near real-time mechanisms to achieve the planned resource utilization at scale. We strive to deliver a distributed and highly scalable eco-system that employs machine learning, change modelling, automation of business processes and logistics, real-time data collection and analysis, prioritization of resource allocations, and other techniques to efficiently deliver customer promise around infinite cloud resources. We work with over 200 online businesses including Azure, Bing, Office 365, OneDrive, Xbox and may other, impacting billions of Microsoft customers around the globe, and controlling billions of dollars in infrastructure spending.
We are looking for a senior software engineer who is passionate about solving large business optimization problems at scale with strong focus on engineering and operational excellence.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Adhere to the highest standards of technical excellence by writing reusable and scalable code, services, and applications
• Design, develop and own innovative product solutions from design conception through operation based on business cases, user stories, and strategic objectives.
• Ramp up quickly across various technologies and consistently add value to the team’s designs, codebase, and plans
• Draw on your deep distributed systems experience to contribute key insights and design recommendations across multiple problem and technical domains.
• Collaborate with other development teams within MCIO as well as Microsoft to come up with end to end solutions that drive Microsoft internal as well external customer needs.
• 5+ years experience developing software related to one or more of the following areas: Cloud, Services, Systems, AND/OR supply chain
• 6+ years of experience leading design and development of software platforms, with at least 5 years in distributed/cloud services
• Strong SQL and/or data warehousing skills
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred
• Experience in Big data and streaming platforms like Strom, Hadoop, Cosmos and machine learning experience will be a strong plus
• Experience with Azure (Cloud services, storage, ADLS, AML etc.) will be a strong plus
• Understanding and experience in specifying and building big data stores for data science or machine learning will be a strong plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.