Senior Software Engineer
Are you passionate about enabling data driven decisions? Would you like to help grow one of our most profitable businesses? Does joining a new team excite you? Office 365 is at the core of our Company’s mission to enable people and organizations to achieve more. Be part of the team building platform services handling millions of users and exabytes of data. This isn’t just some large-scale web service: the implementation ranks among the world’s largest and most cutting edge distributed systems, spanning across data centers around the world.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build the business data analytics platform that enables key leaders to make data driven decisions regarding the state of the business and how to run it most effectively. The projects involve using existing data, data processing pipelines, and analysis software to enable data scientists and analysts to produce new insights about the state of our business. We’re moving quickly, so contact us soon. We’d love to have you to contribute as early as possible!
Succeeding in this role will require:
• A can-do attitude
• Strong passion and proven experience delivering highly quality services
• Strong ability to handle significant ambiguity and rapid change
• Relentless focus on customer needs
• Strong verbal/written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Exceptional problem-solving skills, both business and technical
• Bachelors in computer science (or related field)
• 5 years of software development experience
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
• Experiences with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Kusto, Spark, SQL, HDInsight, Azure Data Lake, and Cosmos.
• Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, programming patterns, and solving complex problems
• Excellent scripting, rapid prototyping and data analysis skills
• Experience with developing statistical modeling techniques, optimization methods, and other ML techniques to different applications in business and engineering.
• Experience with ETL, Data Modeling, and working with Business Intelligence systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.