Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorship's, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Commercial Data Services group is part of Commercial IT Product Solutions team
in Visa's IT organization and is responsible for designing, developing and
implementing Value Added Information Products and Services for Visa's Commercial
line of business globally. We are looking for a QA Engineer. This position will
be based in Foster City, CA.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Development and programming functions to ensure that
projects are delivered on time and within budget with good code quality.
- Business and technical analysis, design, coding, unit
testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development,
system enhancements, and production support.
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project
managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business
requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Participate in design and code review sessions as
appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in
accordance with development standards.
- Responsible for the architecture, design, development,
implementation of data based software applications. This includes working with
both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and
services that meet business requirements and expectations.
- Interact with business units to define
requirements/modifications and use case to utilize in designing appropriate
solutions. Provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to
- Design, develop, document and implement new programs and
subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing
- Develop testing and debugging routines.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and
- Build and maintain relationship with global and virtual
teams and third parties on software development or support issues.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and
refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
- Work directly with Architects, System Analysts and QA
team leads to manage the technical aspects of a development pipeline.
- Coordinate design activities, testing frameworks, and
other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Software development skills with Java, Hadoop,
- Map/Reduce Framework, Spark, Hive, Python.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and
verbal) skills is must.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and change direction
mid-course based on business drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization
to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet
- Ability to work independently in a high throughput
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.