Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Be part of the Platform Infrastructure team in Visa MAP PD group. This team is responsible for designing and implementing shared frameworks, services and libraries that will be used by application development teams for rapid development. The role is a self-organized Software Engineer with solid .Net development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code in two week sprints. You must also be committed to continuous improvement of the agile process, demonstrating your ability to share knowledge, mentor and motivate others. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything. Responsibilities
- Write software code that complies with design specifications and meets security and .Net best practices that will meet development and support requirements.
- Create design components, develop code and test changes utilizing test driven development. Coding must adhere to department standards, be easily maintainable, and have high system performance.
- Write automated test cases to test your code.
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, regression testing, automated builds, and source control.
- Become knowledgeable of Visa's core technology, infrastructure and standards.
- Design and develop new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects to existing software.
- Participate as a team member in agile teams and work with the product owner to review user stories, estimate and create sprint backlogs, participate in sprint reviews, demos and retrospectives.
- Interface with other groups to develop and implement solutions.
- Support and maintain web and SOA based applications critical to the day-to-day functions of global business units.
- Participate in the development and implementation phases of projects to integrate regional applications into global platforms.
- Write and maintain architecture and design documentation.
- Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field; typically requires 5+ years of experience in delivering enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable products.
- 2-5 years' experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development.
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies
- 5 years of experience in development and configuration of C# and .NET applications).
- Experience with financial services industry or Payment and/or Credit Card processing is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of web application working, http protocol.
- Demonstrable experience utilizing object-oriented patterns and design best practices.
- Excellent process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels: from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view.
- Ability to write technical design and build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure.
- Broad background and solid understanding of N-tier open architectures including understanding of presentation, business, and persistence services.
- Experience with light-weight and/or Agile development methodologies, and with the realities of commercial software engineering.
- Significant development experience in a cross-platform, multisite environment.
- Experience with architecting and developing solutions for highly scalable, highly available systems to high security infrastructure coding standards.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Nice to have: Java, J2EE.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.