What You'll Do
The Internet is becoming the "Internet of Everything", and "Things" are driving an explosion in the number of connected devices as well as the volume of data: The "Internet of Things" or "IoT". Cisco's industry-leading, cloud-based IoT platform enables companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, manage and monetize IoT services on a global scale. We are building a world-class team to build next generation IoT Software Platform. We are looking for engineers with a passion for the Internet of Things and drive to innovate to build next generation platform. As a Senior Software Engineer you will
- Contribute to the architecture, design, implementation, and delivery of Cisco's IoT Software Platform.
- Lead and grow a highly motivated and over-achieving development team
- Work with remote workers in different timezones
- Build highly horizontally scalable, distributed services that run in public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Own component software designed, documented, built, and deployed
- Support IoT Platform throughout the engineering lifecycle
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues that arise
- Fully automate unit tests as per Cisco Software Standards
Who You'll Work With
As a member of development team, you'll collaborate with people who have deep experience in large scale, high performance, highly distributed systems. Our team is powered by people, and our people are empowered, have visibility into customer needs, and everyone is encouraged to experiment and engage in learning that produces results. We consider Agile to be a culture, not a process. You will work with cross-functional development teams, product management, QA and Operations.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience in building large-scale distributed systems
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Masters or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of algorithms, core software technologies, including server-side Java, and large-scale distributed systems
- Knowledge/experience in Oracle PL/SQL is a plus
- Hands-on experience with large-scale data stores
- Exceptional individual contributor earning the respect of peers
- Able to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Knowledge of a high-traffic online service
- Excellent coding skills, disciplined in unit testing and integration testing
- Experience writing clear, and concise developer documentation and tutorials
- Effective time management skills for handling multiple projects and goals
- Excellent communication skills for peer-to-peer and peer-to-leadership communication
- Experience in handling change in priorities, scope and technologies
- Ability to work with broad requirements and ask the right questions to clarify
- Cultivate and expand a culture of innovation to deliver a first in class product
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.