Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Software Engineer, are to:
Who you are
- Demonstrate engineer's knowledge to include real-world understanding across breadth of discipline. In-depth knowledge of subtleties and pitfalls in one or more areas of expertise within the software discipline;
- Possess basic knowledge of other technical disciplines;
- Demonstrate analytical capabilities (including modeling, simulation, statistical analysis, analytical design tools, etc.);
- Define requirements for design elements and architecture of complex designs at design element level;
- Be responsible for design and integration of medium to high complexity design elements;
- Understand and apply knowledge of product/line and clinical applications to work activities;
- Understand relevant processes required to accomplish individual objectives;
- Lead design reviews of complex designs at the design element level. Expands verification efforts to module and sub-system level designs;
- Lead teams on project activities of medium technical scope at the design element level;
- Plan and manages own work activities of significant technical scope with minimal direction;
- Provide advice and mentoring to less experienced engineers;
- Comfortably communicate at all levels of the organization.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum four (4) years of full-time relevant work experience;
- Proficiency in C/C++ and structured/OO programming concepts;
- Familiarity with assembly language a plus;
- Knowledge of an RTOS and designing software for real-time systems;
- Knowledge of complete SDLP, including configuration management tools and requirements generation.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.