McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Connected Care & Analytics enables our customer organizations to improve patient outcomes through better care coordination, collaboration and management – while making sustainable performance improvements that drive financial health. Our expertise in connected care,population health, risk management, healthcare analyticsand demand forecasting can help you deliver care in the right setting and develop and maintain a thriving business, even in our rapidly evolving industry. RelayHealth®, an independent business unit within the McKesson Connected Care & Analytics family, is a key component of this strategy and expertise; enabling the trusted exchange of clinical, financial and administrative information between patients, providers, payers, pharmacies, pharmaceutical manufacturers and government agencies. The net result helps provide: improved care, faster access, lower costs and enhanced bottom lines.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures & modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements using various programming language, technologies & development methodologies.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs & implements application, software and/or operating system components, software tools, & utilities; conducts performance testing.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented & monitored to increase efficiency -Creates systems software engineering policies, standards & procedures.
- Completes technical documentation for multiple functions, including but not limited to testing, QA, training, and/or procedures for installation & maintenance.
- May interface with internal & external clients to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Frequently required to work in a team setting (virtual & in-person) in order to achieve work goals/objectives .
- May participate in code refactoring efforts.
- Complies with corporate open source policies.
- Develops real time transaction processing applications that are highly available, scalable, with little to no down time.
- Analyzing Information, General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares, tests, and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures, and identifying enhancements.
- Documents required software and hardware for new solutions including obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products..
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
6+ years experience in software engineeringCritical Skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
A minimum of 6 years of full cycle software development and information systems experience using Visual Studio 2012 or higher (Team Foundation Server/TFS)
Language Proficiency: A minimum of 4 years of experience with C# or other object oriented programming language.
Database Proficiency: A minimum of 3-5 years of SQL Server 2008/2014
Three (3) tier architecture experience, a plus
Experience in health care (HL7 or FHIR)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience in submitting work estimates and delivering according to those estimates, in line with current best practices in project management
Experience with performance tuning and analysis in Microsoft SQL Server
Experience with SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS)
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.