Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic senior software engineer to be a key contributor and leader for the Diablo franchise. The ideal candidate finds simple solutions for complex problems, loves being part of small but agile teams, and wants to push games to new heights.
We're an intensely collaborative group, passionate about our projects, and looking to create compelling features to keep players engaged for years to come.
- Work closely with external teams to maintain Blizzard quality on current platforms
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and fellow programmers to develop and refine key systems
- Tackle a wide variety of unique challenges that come along with a live product
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues
- Investigate opportunities for the future of the Diablo franchise
- Passion for the Diablo franchise
- A minimum of 5 years game development experience
- Fluent in C
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Knowledge of rendering architecture and associated APIs (shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, and special effects)
- Strong math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, etc.)
- Experience developing on multiple platforms
- Computer science, EE, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Familiarity with other Blizzard products
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.