Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Software Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will support development of commercial RAM (Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability) tools to support the commercial life cycle of Power Service products. Will work within agile team to support applications in Power Generation Services.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will:
* Work closely with Engineering and product managers to understand software tool CTQs and rapidly enable these requirements
* Collaborate with engineers, product managers and designers to optimize product quality and time to market
* Work closely with the GE Software COE, Global Research, and adjacent businesses such as Aviation and Oil & Gas where appropriate to leverage and share emerging software technologies and practices
* Use large-Scale System Design approaches (load balancing and high availability), to develop and implement real-time collaboration, data management and analytics
* Design and architecture for scalability and performance
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) or equivalent
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in design, development and modification of applications and programs Java, SQL, C#, Python, and associated languages and technologies
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Self-motivated, innovative, willing to pursue new technical areas and capable of independent work
* Experience in database applications using multiple data storage & data retrieval techniques within Oracle and SQL Server databases
* Experience employing Agile in a software or technical application
* Experience working in a cross functional organization, i.e. - services, systems, controls, and performance
* Ability to rapidly change directions on multiple concurrent projects based on emergent business priorities
* Effective interpersonal and influencing skills
* Effective communication skills, oral and written
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.