Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Software Engineer
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
You will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
* Development experience with a concentration in front end design and development framework (Angular, Polymer, or similar)
* Experience in UX and responsive design for web applications
* Working knowledge in building complex visualizations in SVG with libraries such as d3.js or chart.js
* Experience working with front-end testing tools such as Mocha, Jasmine and PhantomJS
* Adobe Photoshop would also be helpful
* Experience with NodeJs Development
* Version control (git) and Linux command line experience
* Knowledge of web application frameworks and page rendering
* Experience developing API's as well as integrating with third party APIs especially through REST
* Good understanding of back-end technologies such as: Core Java, J2EE, JMS/MQ
* Experienced in data transport technologies (JSON, XML, etc)
* Object-Oriented design as well as functional procedural design based on composition
* Good database scheme design knowledge
* Postges SQL or similar DB technology such as Oracle, MSSQL, or MySQL. NOSQL experience would be a plus
* Understand security concepts such as SAML, OAuth2
* Experience with writing unit tests
* Comfortable with Git version control and using command line interfaces (CLI)
* Deep understanding of full stack architecture and experience building complex scalable applications including familiarity with protocols and web server optimization techniques.
* Understand full product lifecycle and demonstrated it in past experience
* Knowledge of Federated security architecture, flows, and standards (SAML, OpenID_Connect, and JSON_Web-Token (JWT))
* Experience in developing architectural designs and handle implementation for web services and applications primarily in the cloud (Microservices, REST, PaaS), but also in legacy infrastructure.
* Can trouble shoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
* Familiarity with using a CI/CD system to automate builds.
* Setting up and configuring server environments.
* Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) OR the completion of a code development pair-programming, bootcamp-style, or accelerated training curriculum focused on contemporary software development OR High School Diploma / GED with a 4 year minimum of IT experience.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Web Application Development
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
* Must be willing to travel
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in New Orleans, LA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Experience with Predix and Cloud Foundry
Excellent in verbal and writing communication
Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team
Cares about code quality
Comfortable in tackling unfamiliar problems and learn from it, ready to adopt new technology and methodology
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.